Pleasant Hill PTO
The Parent Teacher Organization is a group of parents and teachers working together to continually promote and provide assistance to the quality educational programs at Pleasant Hill Elementary.
Where can you find more information about our school, PTO and events?
Who is a member of PTO?
YOU!!! By having a student at Pleasant Hill Elementary, you are a member of PTO. There are no applications, no papers to fill out and no dues to pay.
How can you help PTO?
Attend a meeting, be part of a committee, volunteer to work at a PTO event, support the fundraisers, and collect Boxtops for Education.
When are the PTO meetings?
PTO meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of September, November, January, February, April & May. The meeting is on the 1st Tuesday of October and March due to parent/teacher conferences. There is no meeting in December.
All meetings are held at 6:30 in the Art Room.
Free childcare is provided
What does PTO provide during the school year?
PTO funds pay for many “extras” that our students would not have because they are not supplied by the school district. Some of the items paid for are: buses for field trips, assemblies, classroom magazines, additional teacher supplies, daily planners/folders for all students, Fun Night, indoor recess games, yearbook, student directory, and the PTO website. A complete listing of PTO’s budget, including a monthly spending report, is available at each of the PTO meetings.
The primary purpose of the PTO is to work cooperatively with staff to continually promote educational programs and appropriate extracurricular activities at our school to enhance academic, cultural, physical, and social development.
- The PTO shall be an autonomous, independent, decision-making group.
- The PTO shall support and encourage active participation of parents and staff.
- The PTO shall provide a broad-based source of information on matters of mutual interest to parents.
- The PTO shall provide an opportunity for all parents and staff to share ideas on matters relating to school functions and the education of children.
- The PTO shall work cooperatively to provide financial assistance for activities and services beyond those provided by the school district.
Top Ten Reasons to be involved in PTO
- You care about children and their needs at school.
- We meet for about an hour, only once a month.
- You can bring your child with you, childcare is provided.
- We are always making decisions and planning for the future.
- You can meet and socialize with other parents and teachers.
- You can share new ideas…we’d love to hear them!
- You can be as involved as you want to be.
- It’s free & everyone is welcome.
- We need you. Together we can get more accomplished.
- We need your continuous support in order to keep providing “extra” activities for the children!